WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Two Weeks Old!

Nathan was two weeks old yesterday and for his big birthday all he got was a lousy circumsion!!! I think it was much worse for me than for Nathan.


I arrived at the hospital at 8:00am -- the procedure was scheduled for 7:30am. However, it was not done until after 9:30am but Nathan was a champ! The doctor said he cried a little but didn't really fuss! He was very sleepy for most of the day but snapped out of it last night. He did not fuss at all during any diaper changes - he really is just a good little boy.


Our biggest challenge now is that Nathan has his days and nights mixed up - so he doesn't eat as well during the day because he is up partying with his roommates!!! A set of twins that he has made friends with.


I was at the hospital this am at 5:30am and he took almost all of his bottles throughout the night and slpet very well!!! He woke up for a short time around 5:15am -- I think its because he is used to eating at 5:30am but now has a new feeding schedule (the circumsion put him an hour later). When I arrived he was back to sleep with his favorite binky.


The nurses check his weight each night and he now weighs 6.9 pounds!


In order for Nathan to come home he needs to take all of his bottles for 48 hours. Any of you that have had children know what a challenge it can be to get a newborn to eat 2 ounces at every feeding. But when you enter into the NICU you buy yourself a whole new set of rules.


Keep Nathan in your prayers - we would really like him to be home soon. I feel like I am being robbed of my time home with him (we are now in week three at the NICU). I try to be there are much as possible but it's not enough. We really want him to come home but we also want him to be ready.


Kandi

2 comments:

David said...

Kandi & Danny, congrdulations! You have been blessed in life with Nathan Daniel. This comes from my heart because I could never have children. I guess they gave me Jim instead. I can't wait to see the little guy and I hope he gets home SOON. Please take care of your selfs, and God Bless your family. David & Terrie

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Hi guys-- he is SO cute! I'm so glad you are posting pictures because he is just so sweet. It sounds like he is doing really well and we hope you guys are, too. We'll keep praying that he comes home soon!
Love,
Maghan, Dave, and Mairead