WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Other very exciting weekend news!

Nathan had his 4-month check-up and weighed in at 10-pounds on the nose!!! It was also shot day but Nathan did splendidly! He cried for a minute and then started talking like he was mad! It was so cute - I told him that it was ok to tell the doctor what he thought of those shots and he sure did! We were cracking up! hahaha

The doctor also said it would be appropriate to begin Nathan on some cereal and then food but as most of you have seen Nathan began eating cereal about 2 weeks ago. I was very torn on which foods to begin with - veggies or fruit. One school of thought is that you should start with veggies because fruits are sweet and yummy, which could inhibit a baby from wanting to eat his veggies. So, I decided to begin with veggies - big surprise huh?

I went to the store, got some sweet potatoes, boiled them and put them through the food processor (thanks mim!). This took some time and as I was carrying it into Nathan's room - I DROPPED THE ENTIRE BOWL ON THE RUG! If I could have been a fly on my own wall at that moment! I laugh now, but I'm not sure I thought it was funny at the time.

Well, the sweet potatoes didn't go over so well. Nathan took his first bite and just held the food in his mouth and then came the infamous "peanut butter tongue." He was done. I tried to encourage his taste buds for the next three days without success. We're back to cereal now and will give carrots a try on Thursday.

This weekend Nathan had a few other firsts - he sat in his exersaucer and his high chair! The below video is of the exersaucer experience and there is a picture of him in his high chair (see the scrolling pictures).


video

3 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

He has so much to say already! He really is getting bigger all the time-- good luck with the veggies!

Anonymous said...

He is such a cute baby. What a fun clip to watch. Definitely, good luck with the veggie feedings. Your potato story had me laughing and groaning for you. :) Megha

Carol said...

That's too funny about the potatoes!!! Glad to hear the carrots went better!