WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So Many Changes....











I am happy to report that Nathan is now eating 5 ounces in all of his bottles and sleeping through the night!!!!!

Therapy is continuing to go very well. Our main objective at this point is for Nathan to reach and grab for his toys and vocalize a laugh. He "coos" like crazy but we haven't heard a laugh or giggle yet. According to our "What to Expect the First Year" book, Nathan is doing ALL the right things at this time.

One thing I've noticed lately, that I am really kind of sad about, is that Nathan is not napping that much during the day, so he's exhausted by the time I pick him up. Needless to say, he falls asleep right after his bottle. One of my greatest fears is that he may fall behind developmentally because this situation makes it impossible to work on his therapy exercises. On the up side, it really makes me appreciate the days I have off with him.



This is the first book I read to Nathan. We also bought him another finger puppet book titled Old McDonald Had a Farm -- each finger is a different animal. He loves looking at these puppets. Thanks to Nathan's Aunt Kathy and cousin Emily, he'll be able to read new books every night for months (once we reach that point)!!!

Nathan is going on a very secret mission this week and I can't wait to post those pictures! Look for them on Friday!


No comments: