WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Monday, June 2, 2008

5 Months and Counting!


Nathan turned 5 months old and yes, I'm hanging on to this basket! I am so excited to report that Nathan now rolls over consistently from his belly to his back with no problem. We are working on the roll from the back to the front and he's doing very well. He's also recognizing words - he knows his name, the word "up" and the word "in." Because he is so alert and pays attention intently I have begun teaching him sign language. Although, I don't expect he will respond for a few months. Nathan is also holding his bottles - we began working on this about 2 or 3 weeks ago and he has made tremendous progress.

In therapy, Nathan is working on his trunk control (or core). We now play with toys in a sitting position and work on having him reach to grab them. This developmental stuff sure is fun business!

3 comments:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I love the laundry basket picture! And, it's great to see one of the two of you together-- I definitely need to work on some pictures with me actually in them! Those exercises sound great-- PT really helped Mairead, and she had fun! Hope Nathan has fun, too!

Kandi & Danny said...

It's hard when your always the "mommarazzi." I was thinking of you when I took this picture - you always take such nice photo's of Mairead. I thought the basket would be cute because he is so little.

Carol said...

He is getting so strong! Adorable pic! Good luck with the mommy craziness!!!