WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

High Trek Adventure for Special Olympics

I'd like to extend a special thank you to Nathan's Aunt Kathy, Grandmother, Aunt Domenica, and Cousin Rose for their generous contributions and support for my friend Rebecca who participated in the NYC High Trek Adventure for the Special Olympics this past weekend in Nathan's honor!

She sent an email today with the details of the race. Her team was able to raise over $3,000 for the Special Olympics!!!! This picture is of Becca, her husband Gabe and another women I don't know from race day.

Here is what her email said -- "We placed 51st out of 75 teams!!! Our ranking was not due to a lack of physical capacity- but rather the fancy trivia they gave us coupled with our lack of knowledge of intricate Manhattan Geography! So we ran around the block for about an hour until we figured out where we were going..... And I am not kidding when I say RAN!! Nevertheless- we had a blast and were thrilled to have completed the race!!! I had to do a handstand in front of a sign that bore a presidents name.....locate flags, figure out trivia and run to locations taking pictures the whole way. We finished the race in 3 hours!!!"

I'd be remiss if I didn't send a special thank you to my friend Becca, for taking part in this race and for offering to be a coach at this year's Special Olympics!!! I am sure the kids are going to love her! We sure do!

Lastly, we'd also like to say thanks to all the girls at the Queens Adventure Boot Camp that participated in this crazy race. PS - love the shirts!!!

No comments: