WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Breaking news for Down syndrome!!!!!!!


John McCain has chosen Alaska's Governor Sarah Palin, mother of 5 children and former beauty queen, as his Vice Presidential running mate. The oldest of her children is enlisted with the army and heading to Iraq in September. Her youngest son, Trig Paxton Van Palin, was born in April, with Down syndrome.

When the CNN news alert came today - I knew right away who she was! In fact, having an infant son myself with Down syndrome, I had researched her family long ago. I watched today as she took the national stage and yes I teared up! Trig was there! With his mom for her big day along with the rest of the family.

I am so excited I can't stand it!!! Being in government for the past 12 years I know first-hand the impact her personal experience can bring to the decision making table.

1 comment:

Carol said...

We gotta get this girl elected!!! I think she's fabulous!