WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Scream - You Scream...


We all scream for ice cream!!! (My father used to sing this when we were young.)

Nathan celebrated with his second-cousin for her birthday on Sunday. As you all know, traditional birthday party activities include cake and ice cream. What was so interesting about this particular cake and ice cream celebration was that Nathan's Aunt Kathy was feeding him these treats like it was baby food and he loved it!!


You're probably thinking "so what, he's a child - all kids love cake and ice cream" and I wouldn't disagree. To understand why this struck me I have to give you a tad bit of context. My sister doesn't have junk food in her house and doesn't let her own daughter indulge that often. They eat and drink organic and her little sweet pea wouldn't touch white bread with a ten foot poll! And, I know she'll read this and say - I'm not much different and I won't contest that either. I think she's just trying to be the favorite Aunt!!! Not that I blame her, I do the same thing with Emily. Isn't that what Aunts are for? Spoiling!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Nathan has got to be one of the cutest kids I have ever seen! Love his expressions when he wrinkles his forehead. Adorable!

Lianna said...

Your post made me smile...Although Gabe loves his ice cream and cake now, he wouldn't have any of it for his second birthday! LOL!

I'm happy that your little sweetie enjoyed his treat!