did you know...
* That 1 in 5 children with Ds play a musical instrument? For children older than ten, that number doubles. One of five children with DS sing in a choir or vocal group, for children older than ten, it is every one in three...
* Two out of every three children with Ds like to draw and/or paint pictures
* Approx. 9 out of every 10 individuals with Ds listened to someone read a book more than three times a week between the ages 2-5
* Approx. 7 out of 1o children w/ Ds use total communication (signs, etc) between the ages of 2-5
* Approx. 7 out of 10 kids with Ds saw a speech therapist two or more times a week between the ages of 2 and 5
* Approx. 1 of every 3 children with Ds older than ten rides a bike without training wheels
* Seven of every ten individuals with Ds older than ten participates on an athletic team through Special Olympics
* Two out of every five individuals with Ds participates on an integrated athletic team.
* According to their families, 3 out of 5 individuals with Ds know how to operate a computer.
* One of every three individuals with Ds older than reads the daily newspaper
* Seven of ten individuals with Ds older than 10 read books on their own for personal enjoyment
* One of two children with Ds go to school in a mainstreamed class.
* 3 of 5 children with Ds participate in school activities that are open to all students.