WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween Safety! Be Aware!

The safety of my son is without a doubt my number one priority and I'm sure I'm not alone.


In just over a week, children across America will be heading out to go treat-or-treating but this day can bring with it some unique challenges for parents. The last thing you want is for you or your child to end up on the front porch of a convicted felon or sex offender. Last year, my county mandated all sex offenders stay in their home on Halloween and the authorities made spot checks to ensure compliance. However, that doesn't do a bit of good when your child rings their door bell.

I spent 8 years as a Crime Analyst and I have a very close friend who sits on the parole board -any normal motherly concerns I would have had are elevated to code red - all the time. I know what is possible and you need to be mindful as well!

Before you and your child head out on Halloween be armed with information that can help keep them safe and ensure an excited time filled with lots of treats. I've provided two links that you can use to see where criminals live.

For those of you that live in New York - I've included a link to the State's official sex offender website. The other, Family Watchdog is national organization and includes "all" offenders.

Be safe and have a Happy Halloween!

Family Watchdog

New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services


No comments: