WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Giving Back

Every year, I take part in volunteering for the annual Equinox Thanksgiving dinner that feeds the homeless and those in need. A few years ago, while waiting for the guests to arrive for dinner, I had the honor of talking with another volunteer who said something to me that I've never forgotten. As we were putting the condiments on the tables, he said, "this is what Thanksgiving is all about - it's about giving back to others less fortunate. It's not about the turkey or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade - it's about showing appreciation for what we've been given by serving others."

Today, Nathan and I went to the Capital Region Food Bank to deliver our Thanksgiving food donations that we collected at our annual Friends Night gathering. Thank you to all those that brought donations and took part in "giving back" this holiday season.

I'd be remiss, if I didn't mention my friend CJ, who came to the party carrying a huge bag of stuffing and as she walked through the door said: "this has got to be the strangest thing I've ever been asked to bring to a party!" :-)

1 comment:

Lianna said...

As someone who knows of a loved one who was once homeless, I can tell you with much admiration, that serving others is greatly appreciated. It is wonderful that Nathan will grow up learning this from you.♥