WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Nathan's Birthday Weekend! (Part I)

There is so much to show and tell you about the past birthday weekend, I'm going to do post about the events a little each day.

The festivities began Friday - Nathan's actual birthday. I had wanted the day to be all about Nathan - I thought it would be nice to take him to ride a carousel. I had thought there was a few locally but after a little investigation I found out that one only operates during the summer and the other is no longer in operation. I knew there was one in Syracuse (2.5 hrs away) at the Carousel Mall, so I decided we'd head there! Why not? I don't mind driving and today was all about my baby! Just before we left I checked the weather on my new handy dandy iPhone and found out they were expecting snow. So, we headed to the mall for lunch with Nathan's Grandmother and Nonnie! As you can see, it didn't take long before he fell asleep - shopping is exhausting! I know I was tired by the time we got home!
To finish off our day Danny, Nathan and I had a nice dinner and some strawberry & oreo cheesecake before he headed off to sleep.

4 comments:

waldenhouse said...

Happy Birthday, Nathan!

Shari said...

I am glad you all had a great day! What a cutie! Can't wait to see more posts about the Birthday Boy! And, I had already started drafting a letter to our congressman. He is usally pretty responsive. :)

Lianna said...

I giggled over the header picture of Nathan -- that is a GREAT birthday cake face! Oh I can remember Gabe's first birthday so well! His cuteness more scrumptious than his cake, for sure!

The design of your blog and the passion with which you write about Nathan is very admirable! You're truly a wonderful mom!♥

Carol said...

What a happy baby he is! And getting so much bigger and stronger. Congratulations on a wonderful first year!