WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Odds & Ends

Since turning one, Nathan has gone through a number of fairly significant milestones. After the big birthday, I took him off his formula and the very next day I took the bottles away. It's been a transition period for all of us. Nathan has had some restless sleeping nights, which has caused him to be very tired during the day. He has literally fallen asleep while eating and playing! Things were ok the last few nights - we'll have to see if they continue.

Nathan has officially begun to crawl on his hands and knees! I have some video of the first few inches - I'll post it this week. It's just so cute to watch him get around.


Nathan is communicating with sign language!!!!

On his birthday, he began signing. His first two signs are "more" and "eat." It is so heartwarming to see him sign to me. I've been signing to Nathan since he was 6 months old. I sign all sorts of words to him regularly, as do his therapists, but I'm now focusing on the words "drink" and "water, milk, and juice." Once he gets those, I'll begin focusing on words like "help" and "hurt." It's my opinion, these are the most important signs for little ones to know first and then we can work on all the fun signs like "play" and "movie."


On tap this week: a very special video!!! You don't want to miss it!

I'll also be posting on Nathan's one year check-up, the Christening of Lilyana (Nathan's cousin), and Nathan's crawling video.

5 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Sounds like he's doing well!! WTG on taking the bottle away!!! Keeghan didn't like me too much when I took his! LOL

Shari said...

Those pictures are adorable. Tired little guy! I did the same thing you did. No formula and no bottles within a few days after his birthday. I look forward to the video.

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

So many new milestones! That is great about the sign language- I need to put that into practice much more with the twins since I slacked on it with Mairead. Looking forward to the video!

Lianna said...

WOW! Nathan is doing incredible! No wonder he's pooped right out!

Carol said...

Be careful with the sleeping issues - I think I reinforced some bad habits with Luci when she first had sleep disruptions and three months later she's still not sleeping through the night. That's great about the signing though!