WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Those Last Few Pounds

My greatest fear about pregnancy was the weight gain. It was more like sheer paranoia. In high school I was heavier but after graduation I hit the gym - hard. At one point I had lost so much weight that when I went to give blood they made me get on the scale to make sure I was at a safe weight to be donating. Obsession would be accurate. That was then.

For the past 12 years I've been a faithful and avid gym enthusiast. But, when I finally got pregnant, after four years of trying, the doctors banned me from the gym because the baby wasn't gaining enough weight and they weren't sure if the gym was a contributing factor. Yikes.

Needless to say, I was the Pillsbury Dough Girl when I had Nathan! I really could have cared less because the baby's health was the only thing that mattered. But, five weeks after my C-section I was back in the gym. The weight has come off slow and I got on the scale for the first time since being pregnant this week. I was mentally ready.

I will freely admit, I'm not prepregnancy weight yet - I have almost two pounds to go . And, I've figured out a way to get there.

I really dislike cardio - it bores me but I appreciate it's value and know I need to just do it. So, I got creative.

I've figured out a way to attach my lap top to my treadmill!!!! Now, when Nathan takes his morning nap I do my school work, listen to XM radio, and distract myself online!! It's awesome. I've written this entire post from my treadmill!!! Who said you can't do it or have it all!!!


I have a new reason to be obsessed about my health - Nathan. I need to be around for a long time - I need to know he's going to be ok. Sure, I know God is in control of the timing but I have to do what I can ~ my part.

No comments: