WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Early Intervention ~ NYS Budget Agreement

I've just spent the morning combing through the New York State Health Budget bill (S.56-b) and the appropriate Article VII bills and the previous Early Intervention parental fees and billing changes proposed by Governor Paterson have been omitted by the Legislature!!!

I've also done a basic legislative search and the only mention of Early Intervention was found with regard to the current Rockefeller drug laws - not developmental disability services!! So, it appears NYS is going to treat their drug offenders and their children.

If I am incorrect (which I doubt) or I come across any additional information, I'll be sure to pass it along with an update to this post.

1 comment:

datri said...

It was in our paper that the parental fees idea was dropped! Yay! What a relief (and we're not even in EI anymore) I'm guessing enough people were up in arms and calling that they decided it was a bad idea. The disabled governor going after disabled kids just didn't play well, I suppose. Ah, politics! Good to know our voices were heard, though!