WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nathan's First .19 cent Tie

Today was Easter picture day for Nathan and one thing I've come to learn as a mom is to buy early! So, about two months ago I purchased Nathan's outfit for his Easter pictures including his first tie!
In preparation for today, I decided to get Nathan's shirt, hat, and tie all ready yesterday but I couldn't find his tie!!! I looked everywhere ~ I mean in all the drawers, closets, summer clothes, spare room ~ no tie.

So, I figured before we went to get his portraits taken we'd buy a new tie. Right - like there would be any left! Silly mommy. There were ties - just not the one I had originally picked out. It took me a long time to settle on that tie! But then, we got a break! The child manikin was wearing that exact tie! The only one in the store!! Jackpot. I explained to the clerk what happened and asked her to check and see if it was his size and it was!!!

Unfortunately, neither the clerk or myself could get the tie off the manikin - the clip was stuck. She eventually got it off because she broke it! Oh man ~ we were so close! She showed me how I could "make it" work and then sold it to me for .19 cents. I'd say it was worth every penny ~ wouldn't you?


6 comments:

Bill & Mary Beth said...

Absoultely beautiful! I can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nathan, You are sooo handsome in your Easter outfit. I hope you liked seeing the Easter Bunny. Love and lots of kisses. Aunt Domenica

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Those are just about the cutest Easter pictures ever-- love the outfit! He is just so handsome!

Carol said...

What a handsome boy! He is in such a cute phase - still so little but looking like a young gentleman already!

datri said...

What wonderful pics! Growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

Nathan, you look so handsome and grown up. Love you lots. Grandma