WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Generations of Family


This week brought to me a realization of how blessed we are to have multiple living generations of family to enjoy. My Mim, Nathan's great Mim, is going to be 80 this year and on Monday we visited her for Mother's Day. I've really been thinking about how wonderful it must be for her to have taken part in all of her grand children's weddings and just this week she has seen all of those grandchildren have children of their own! WOW!! It brings tears to my eyes to imagine how that must feel for her. I know how it feels for me.


ATTENTION ALL COREY COUSINS -- I'd like to coordinate our schedules and have a professional photographer take some shots of us, the children and Mim. What an incredible 80th birthday gift! Dave and Maghan - please let me know when plan on visiting in the upcoming months.

This is the newest member of our family ~ Jake. He is simply beautiful and sweet as pie! Look at that perfect face and those cheeks! And, he has curly hair! We think he inherited the Labanese genes. We'll see.
It's hard to imagine that Nathan was 3 pounds lighter than baby Jake when he was born. My sister and I were talking about it and how we couldn't remember him that small. I'm glad. I don't really want lasting memories of my little tiny vulnerable son who was struggling to eat, existing under lights, and living in a plastic box. I'm glad those memories are fading. They're in the past ~ forgotten a little more with each passing day.

No comments: