WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Mother's Prayer For Her Son

Today is the National Day of Prayer and I can't help but to reflect on my faith, my son, and my blessings. An open prayer to God:

Dear Lord,

I am so thankful for the opportunity to be Nathan's mother. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Having the opportunity to raise my son and give him the care and attention he needs has been an unbelievable blessing ~ thank You. But, one thing I've learned is that in life, things can change quickly and I pray for the continued ability to be at home with Nathan. I know I'm blessed to have this opportunity and am fearful that it will be taken away. Please don't take it away.

I am also thankful for Nathan's good health. When I was pregnant - I prayed for a healthy baby and am so thankful You answered my prayer. I pray for Nathan's continued good health. Although, I know I have no control over his health or how Down syndrome will affect his life - I pray that if Nathan gets sick - You provide us with the best medical treatment available.

I am also thankful for Nathan's abilities. Abilities that most of us take for granted each and every day. The ability to walk, talk, see, hear, smile and love with a pure heart.

Lord, thank You for my sister, who has always been by my side. She stepped up to the plate the moment of Nathan's birth and now cares for him while I'm at school. I wouldn't be able to teach if it weren't for her and I am so grateful for that.

Lord, today I ask that You protect Nathan from any harm and ask that You help him during is therapy sessions. He works so hard and has made such awesome progress. He's doing so good with his walking! It won't be long before he's running around. Thank You for giving him his strength and the confidence in himself to know he can do it.

Finally, I pray for the knowledge and wherewithal to be the best mother I can be for Nathan. I pray for strength in the valleys and grace in the face of adversity.

Thank You for my life, my son, and my family. I love You

2 comments:

ds.mama said...

K -
What a beautiful prayer for Nathan. You are both blessed to have each other.
S.

Nancy Crapser Hunt said...

Your son is beautiful. I realize how you feel, having gone thru this. My Bobby, the fourth son is now 44 and doing well and has two younger sisters. My recently published book can be found at www.loveliftstheheart.com. You may contact me at 254 Penksa Rd. Worcester, Ny 12197. sincerely,
Nancy Crapser Hunt