WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Therapist Update & New Fears




Nathan's new physical therapist is amazing! We spent most of yesterday talking and she really observed Nathan and tried to "make friends" with him. There really needs to be a comfort zone between the children and the therapists and I have no doubt that Tina and Nathan will be fast friends! I am also excited because it appears to me that she is going to be a gross motor skills "pusher," which means she isn't going to be letting him off easy. I love that!


On another note, for some odd reason Nathan has begun to develop a fear of swings and the merry-go-round. I have no explanation. He is just scared. This picture was taken at Hoffman's on Monday afternoon. We stayed on the entire ride ~ I was hoping he would move passed his fear but didn't. He actually got so upset he puked! poor little guy. Needless to say, we left after just one ride. I really don't want Nathan to be developing fear at such an early age so, I'm doing only what I know, and that is to confront his fear and move past it.

We went back to Hoffmans the very next day and got right back on that carousel. This time we sat on the bench ~ not a horse. We rode the ride twice. He wasn't freaking out but I could tell he was a little uneasy. We'll go back again this week and also hit the swings at the Crossings. I'm hoping for slow progress and eventually a diminished fear. I have no doubt we'll get there. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Lianna said...

It's great news to learn that Nathan's new PT is strong. It's important for so many reasons.

I can't help but wonder if Nathan's new fear of the merry-go-round might be an ear problem? My fiend's son had "ringing" in his ears while riding in a car. He overcame it, but it was hard on him.