WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dr. Seuss Decor (Part II)

This next reveal is actually the fourth painting that I attempted. I have no idea what the actually Seuss name is for these trees but thought they were very cool. We attempted the duplication from Nathan's Dr. Seuss sheets.
Danny would really like me to paint this little guy too but I'm not sure yet. I just might, but not until I finish the rest of the paintings and I'm not done yet!
I didn't really take many pictures during this process. Here is the finished product.
Not too bad right? I can't wait to show you the next few!! They are my favorite so far!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kandi, Danny, and Nathan,

Those little puffy trees are called Truffula Trees!!!! They're from the book The Lorax- which teaches a lesson about caring for the environment and conserving trees and the forest! Haha. They look great. Please don't ask me why I know this type of Seussville Trivia--maybe it's all the time spend reading these books to students and then re-reading them to decipher their hidden real life-meanings and metaphors (Okay, so I'm a bit of a history nerd)!

Well, now you guys know what they are! YAY- Nathan has Truffula Trees on his wall! Woo hoo. I'll have to get that book for him to add to his collection!

Love you guys!
:) Aunt Charly

Lianna said...

Wow, that looks awesome! I can't wait to see more!

datri said...

I just LOVE The Lorax. It's probably my favorite Seuss book.

BTW, yeah, Kayla scratches a lot. It's one of her stims. I think she likes the sensory input.