WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dr. Seuss Decor Part III (Oh, The Places You'll Go!)







When I made the decision to embark on this very long creative Dr. Seuss path, there was no doubt that the book, "Oh, the places you'll go!" would be a part of his decor. It's my favorite of the collection! Adults and children alike can take something away from this book.

This painting was actually the first in the series. The painting idea came straight from the inside cover of the book.

It was a challenge trying to match many of the colors ~ I wasn't able to get an exact match but I think it came out just fine. As an aside, the colors of the next reveal were all mixed by Danny and myself. Danny loves to paint and mixing colors is his specialty ~ so he was really helpful! Many of the colors we needed were unavailable at the art store.




















When I finished this painting, something was missing. It just looked plain. I was going to add a shelf and some very cool Dr. Seuss stuff and thought about it for a very long time ~ months actually and decided against it.

Just last week, I added a little something and now I really love it! Nathan needed a ride!!! So, in Dr. Seuss fashion, I gave him a balloon! The balloon is actually straight from the book as well but I changed the color to match the Lorax trees.

This balloon was challenging and I made some mistakes when I was painting it but I doubt many would notice. Here is the finished product!

The next reveal is a big one! Literally!!! He hears things most don't. Do you know Who it is?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Mommy siad she's working on painting someone/something who hears things most don't........it's got to be HORTON!!!!!!!!
YAY.......you'll have an elephant on your wall!
(I think anyway...we'll have to wait and see)
Looks great!
Love,
Aunt charly

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I am SO impressed with your work, Kandi! Seriously- amazing!

Anonymous said...

Nathan is one lucky little boy who has a very talented Mommy and daddy.

Lily's Grandma