WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dr. Seuss Decor (Part IV) Who is that I hear???

I'm sure you've guessed our next reveal in Nathan's almost completed Dr. Seuss bedroom ~ but just in case you haven't ~ here he is! The most challenging and time consuming of all the characters ~ Horton from Horton hears a Who!

This is the very beginning ~ step one.
Step two ~ I began adding the body color. As I mentioned in a previous post, Danny had to mix Horton's body color because we couldn't find anything remotely close to it at the art store.
The color matched awesome. Horton needed a couple of coats.Step three was to begin adding the rest of the other colors and details.
This was my inspiration ~ it's from Nathan's Dr. Seuss sheets.

The final product! Not bad for a girl with no artistic abilities!

This picture doesn't do Horton's size justice. He's huge!!! Next week, I'm going to show you a recap of the four paintings so you'll be able to really see how big they are and why they've taken me so long!
I am a quart of the way through finishing another painting but because of summer vacations and school beginning next week, I'm a little behind. I had a similar struggle when painting Horton ~ it's so much work that I just need to take a break from it. The last thing I want is to do a sloppy job. So instead, I take a break and get back into it when I'm refreshed. I'm on a break right now but it won't be long. I hope!

4 comments:

Conrad, Megan and Our Precious Keaton said...

Wow Kandi - the room looks amazing! You know what is the best part? YOU did it all by yourself for your precious little Nathan! Thats why it looks so fantastic, you can see the love and dedication that went into painting it! You are very talented my friend!
Im sure Nathan is loving it! I cant wait to see the final picture!
Thanks so much for your lovely comments on our blog! We love hearing from you!
The weather is warming up and im starting to feel like summer is around the corner! Yay!
God bless my friends!

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I cannot get over how amazing your work is! You DO have artistic abilities! Nathan will love it- it is amazing!!!

Lianna said...

You can't fool me! You have loads of artistic talent! Kandi, Horton looks perfect!!! I can't wait to see the whole room!!!

datri said...

Wow, that is just really cool! You do wonderful work!