WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Buddy Walk (Part I) UPDATED

The Capital Region Buddy Walk was on Sunday and it was a remarkable event! It was well organized, well attended and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. It was exactly what the National Down Syndrome Society intended these walks to be and I'm proud to have been the organizer. Team Terry raised a ton of sponsorship money and with it, planned a killer event. We also raised the most money in pledged donations of any team ($3,000) and Danny and I raised the most pledges of any single walker ($670). Team Terry rocked the Buddy Walk ~ just as I knew we would!!

With that said, it's time for someone else to pick up the Buddy Walk torch ~ it's time for a new committee and new leader. I've decided that my time will be better spent raising my son. Our committee laid the ground work and set the bar ~ its time for another coordinator to secure their own sponsors, come up with their own creative contests and ideas, and exert their own blood, sweat and tears! I can't wait to just participate and spend time with my friends and family!!!! I wish the new Buddy Walk team nothing but the best.

I was so busy tending to the event that I didn't take any pictures! My aunt sent me a few and I've been promised lots more! When I receive them ~ I'll share. Here's a few of what I have so far. I can't wait to see all the pictures!

PHOTOS ADDED ~ See all those red balloons? TEAM TERRY!! YEAH!



1 comment:

Lianna said...

WOW! Your team raised a lot of funds -- you should be proud!!! Congratulations!