WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NASCAR Contest ~ Ladies & Gentlemen Start Your Engines!

I've just found out that NASCAR is holding a contest for a special design race car and there's an entry for Down syndrome! When I read this email, I chocked back tears because racing is something my family is very familiar with. My grandfather (Jido), Nathan's great Jido, drove for NASCAR and was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

Let's try and help this car win!!! We can do it! All you have to do is click on the link and vote. There is no registration required and you can vote every day for the next 5 days.

The winning design will ride along side the pace car at the 2010 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, which is on May 22nd at 7:00PM (on the speed channel).

The only issue I have with the design of this car is the number ~ for whatever reason the designer chose the number 55. Although I've been told it's significant, I would have chosen the number 21, for Trisomy 21 ~ a.k.a. Down syndrome or the number 3 because people with Down syndrome have 3 copies of chromosome 21 instead of two. My grandfather and father both drove the number 3 race car!!!! That would have been very cool! If they do this contest again, we'll design our own car!

Please take a look at the car, vote often and pass it along! Awareness comes in all shapes and sizes! Thank you

http://www.sponsafi er.com/#/ gallery/view/ 5931

We wish this car the best of luck! May he take the checkered flag!

2 comments:

Lianna said...

Done!

And I shared the link on Facebook too!

Conrad, Megan and Our Precious Keaton said...

Our vote is in! Hoping you are all well! God bless, Megs