WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When It Rains.....

it pours! Don't you just feel like that sometimes? That everything seems to happen at once? Well, I've been feeling like this a lot lately and this past week was no exception.

I'm not sure if you recall, but last semester we had a teacher unexpectedly leave during the semester on medical leave and I took over many of her classes. This semester she returned and then again unexpectedly last Monday, quit! I'm thrilled but it did add a bit of initial craziness to our schedule. I love teaching these classes but the transitions can be difficult for everyone involved. I guess even in academia, what doesn't kill ya ~ makes you stronger!

Nathan has been adjusting just fine to our new schedule. He's spending a little more time with his aunt and one of my very close friends and I'm only away from him an about 5 hours a week. He's in school the rest of my class time. I've already done my summer and fall schedule and as it stands right now I'll be home with him each and every day! I've been able to schedule all my classes online or at night. I love teaching!!!!

Given my hectic schedule last week, we had very little time to prepare for Valentines Day but we eventually got things under control by the weekend! We began by dipping pineapple and strawberries in chocolate and they were yummy!!
Then, Nathan made his very first Valentines Day cards!!! Mommy and Daddy made the hearts but Nathan did the rest. We had to take breaks because it was a lot for him. We made cards on Saturday and then again on Sunday (nothing like planning ahead!). He was really funny because the hearts for the valentines were sticky and he had trouble getting them off his fingers! He also tried to eat some of the fake candy hearts! He also made a Valentine's Day door hanger!





Although, our Valentines Day started off sweet, it ended on a sour note. For whatever reason, I developed a stomach bug around 5:30PM and by 6:00PM was in the bathroom getting sick. By 9:00pm my body had had enough and when I went into the bathroom this time, I passed out and woke up disoriented and bleeding. Unfortunately, I had to be taken to the hospital and spent the night there. I'm doing much better now but have three stitches in my eye lid from the fall and its black and blue.

When you have a small child and an emergency that doesn't involve them, things can become even more chaotic. Thanks to our family that immediately pulled together we were able to go to the hospital and not worry about Nathan. thanks Sis and company! The next day wasn't much better and I wasn't able to really get out of bed and Nathan's Grammy stepped in and took care of Nathan all day ~ Thanks Grammy!!! Even though this situation was less than desirable, I'm so thankful for the family that was able to be there to help.

Happy Valentines Day to you all!!

4 comments:

Lianna said...

Oh Kandi! I was wondering where you were lately! I'm so sorry for your flu and the fall! You can always say, "Wait til you see the other guy!" Maybe I'll call you Rocky from now on! :P

The pictures of Nathan are GREAT! He's quite involved! Your sweets look delish!

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Oh wow, Kandi-- that is terrible! I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but I am glad that you had so much help. I love Nathan's valentines!

Conrad, Megan and Our Precious Keaton said...

Oh No! Im so sorry to read that you certainly were not well on Valentines Day and that you hit your eye when you fel! Im so sorry! I really hope you are feeling better and that the doctor was able to get rid of the horrid tummy bug! On a happier note, Nathans cards are adorable, man he is growing up so quickly and beautifully! Your chocolate Strawberrys look devine! God bless and please take care of yourself! Megs and Keaton

Anonymous said...

Great job on the Valentine's Nathan, Lily thanks you so much for hers and gives you kisses and Hugs.
love Lilyana.