WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dreams Really Do Come True!

For those of you that know our family, you know that the we have the most amazing man at the helm. He is both a loving father and a dedicated husband. A man, that is simply full of life and believes in living life to the fullest. We are truly blessed as a family to have a person of his caliber at our core.

On Monday, Danny surprised me with an amazing gift. One I had literally dreamed about but never actually thought would come true. Well, at least not now.



On Monday, Danny called on his way home from work, as he always does, and we were chatting about our day, right up until he pulled into the drive way. When he came through the door, Nathan ran over to him and he said, "I brought Mommy a present from Home Depot." I said, " YEAH, I love presents from Home Depot." He gave the gift to Nathan and said, "bring this to mommy." I had actually thought he was kidding. I assumed he stopped and picked up some wood filer that we needed to finish our crown molding and it was my task to finish it up. That was, until I saw Nathan actually holding a wrapped gift. Now he had my attention.


I didn't recognize the wrapping paper or the size and shape of the item. Now, I was really paying attention. Danny kept saying, "Nathan give mommy the present." Finally, I walked over and took it out of his hands. The moment I opened it, I knew what it was. I started to cry. I couldn't believe my eyes. I asked Danny through my tears, "is this real? Is this a joke? It's not funny if it is." To which I was informed, that April Fools Day was last week.

A little back ground is in order.


When Danny and I were engaged he bought me the most amazing diamond ring. A beautiful princess cut diamond and when we were married he added two amazing diamond bands on both sides. The ring is just simply beautiful.


Not long after Danny purchased the engagement ring, I noticed it had a line going through it. We now know, it's called a "feather" and every time I saw it, I would take my rings off and turn them around, so I wouldn't see the imperfection anymore. It bothered Danny. He said on multiple occasions that he would never have purchased that stone had he known there was a flaw like that in it. He always planned to get me a new one some day. We've talked about it over the years and even looked at a few but never actually seriously considered the purchase.


On Easter Sunday night, I had a dream that he bought me my new diamond and it was exquisite. The next morning, I told him about the dream but that I knew it wouldn't happen because we were saving to build our new house.


On Monday, my husband made a personal sacrifice. He literally made my dream come true. He put his desire for a new house off for a bit and decided that "we needed to enjoy life for a little while." He also said, he bought it because I'm an amazing mother and wonderful wife. So sweet! I am now wearing my new engagement ring and it is more than exquisite. It's absolutely stunning. I'm overwhelmed by my husbands love and generosity.


My husband ROCKS!




It's just breathtaking! Thank you Danny. I love you and I'll cherish this memory for the rest of our lives.

5 comments:

Aunt Cindy said...

That is the most Beautiful, Heart warming Story of your lives. And what a Gorgeous RING, WOW. How wonderful the both of you are.

Love,
Aunt Cindy

John said...

Very sweet of him. Your ring is beautiful. :)

Lianna said...

It's so beautiful! Like YOU! You're a lucky woman!

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

Awww.... what a guy!!! That is wonderful- and so is Danny!

Conrad, Megan and Our Precious Keaton said...

Oh Kandi, now you have me in tears!!! Maybe its the hormones - he he!!! Its such a joy to read your blog and follow your lives! What a beautiful family you have! Hugs to your precious little Nathan! God bless!