WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In The Blink Of An Eye

When any of us girls turned 16 and passed our drivers permit test, my father insisted we all learned to drive in his BIG green suburban. My friend Anne and I, used to call it the Gumby Mobile! lol

One of the many lessons my father instilled in me, was to always be mindful of an escape route because you never know when you'll need one. I think this was important because when he drove a race car, he never knew when he'd come out of a turn and be faced with a pile up. Anyway, this practice is so ingrained, I don't even think about it anymore ~ it's just something I do.

Last Friday, Nathan and I were heading home for my bi-monthly book club with the girls, and as we were traveling down this quiet country road, a truck came over the hill, in the on-coming lane. Normally, I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but something bothered me about this truck. The moment I saw it, it just gave me a very uneasy feeling and I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

As the truck approached I noticed he was starting to get pretty close to the yellow divider lines and then he crossed over into our lane ~ coming straight at us! This old massive truck was coming head-on toward Nathan and I at about 50 miles. I knew what I had to do. I swerved off the road, and then back on in the blink of an eye ~ it literally happened that fast. The driver never realized he/she was in my lane until after I tooted the horn and they had passed us.

I was really shaken up, and can't believe I didn't lose control of my car in the gravel that lined the road. As soon as the ordeal was over, I thanked God for sparing us and my dad, for teaching me to always know where the escape route is.

So, we live another day to enjoy camp, and the company of friends and family. Amen!





Here are some pictures of when we went to the Great Escape, and Nathan was trying to teach the Wiggles characters how to dance! It's was too cute!



This past Saturday night, the campground had a DJ, and Nathan was cutting the rug with the ladies! He was too funny! Such a boy!



Nathan was head banging here! He would run like crazy and then stop and dance. On Sunday, we were heading to the beach and Nathan decided he was too tired to play in the sand. I swear, he can sleep anywhere! He ended up taking a nice nap on the beach; with the breeze blowing, it was perfect sleeping weather.



After napping and some fun in the pool, we tried kayaking for the first time. I wasn't sure how Nathan would handle the life vest, let alone sitting still in the boat. but I knew I had to try. We both wore life jackets just in case things didn't go so well and had friends on shore in case we needed them.

I'm happy to report that Nathan did really well! He loved his life vest and all he wanted to do was row row row the boat!

The only blip was when he decided to throw his brand new sandal into the lake! YIKES! Thankfully, it floated! Stinker.

No comments: