WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bye Bye Summer!

We had a kickin summer! When I look back at all the pictures, it makes my heart smile to think of all the memories we created for our family.
Danny said to me last week, "what are you going to do now that summer is over?" I said, "I just don't know!!" Truth is, we've had so much fun and have been so busy, the down time will be welcomed, for a little while anyway. We already have lots of plans for the fall, and as much as I'm not a fan of the winter, Nathan is older and it will be easier to do things in the snow, like go to Florida or the indoor water park! :-) Just kidding.

We spent our final week of summer at camp and it was a spectacular week! It was hot, so we spent most of it in the pool. We also had some family visit, which is always fun and we celebrated Nathan's second cousin's birthday and then ended the week on a quiet note, with just the three of us riding around on the golf cart, sitting by the fire and playing at the park.

Here are a few pictures.... Just in time for football season!!
Craft time! Nathan actually put that paint brush in his mouth!
playing ball with Aunt Domenica! (I love Nathan's little Elvis lip here!)

I have a video of Nathan from this weekend too. He accomplished something, I knew he would! I'm not going to tell you what it is, I'll just post the video as soon as I have a little more time.

Nathan also had his second hippotherapy appointment and he loved it! Daddy bought him his very own Thomas the Train helmet, and we practiced wearing it the entire week, so that when we arrived at therapy, it was a non-issue. He rode Babe again. During this session he rode around but then his therapist noticed he was getting fatigued, so they began throwing bean bags into a basketball hoop. He missed them all, but loved trying. He likes to throw things, so he enjoyed this exercise. I'm also happy to report that Nathan now has a permanent therapy spot for hippotherapy, so we wont have to wait for cancellations anymore!
He has really grown to love horses! In fact, I think I mentioned that we took him to the horse track for breakfast and to watch them exercise. He kept yelling, "go, go, go" to the horses. I have a few pictures from that morning.

1 comment:

Mairead Elizabeth Hickok said...

I love all the pictures with the family! The one of Nathan in the pool with Emily and Rachael is really cute! I am sad to see the end of summer, too. Mostly because Dave is back to work! I'm so glad that Nathan loves hippotherapy- Mairead is a huge fan, too! Can't wait to see the surprise video!