WELCOME TO NATHAN'S BLOG!

Nathan is Hebrew and means "gift from God" - we couldn't have been more blessed than to have been chosen as his parents!

Thank you for keeping up-to-date with Nathan. We hope you visit often and enjoy experiencing our son's journey as much as we do. Please feel free to leave comments.

We love hearing from everyone!!!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Cupcake Night!

It's official! It was Halloween cupcake night in the Terry house! We listened to Halloween music on Pandora and decorated one of the best cupcakes I've ever eaten! And, that says a lot because I'm not really a cupcake fan. I was fortunate enough to be given a fabulous cupcake recipe yesterday, and an icing recipe today from a local cake shop. Just in time to add our pumpkins, witches and head stones!
It's so much work putting these fun projects together, but worth every minute! I went to three different stores today looking for cupcake decorations, before I finally found some at a specialty candy/cake store near my house. Apparently, I'm a little behind the 8-ball with buying simple Halloween "edible" decorations ~ the stores were cleaned out!
I wouldn't call the first batch of cupcakes prize winning. This recipe isn't like any other I've come across, so I was a little out of my comfort zone and had to wing it. Round one went into the trash! I filled the cupcake liners with way too much batter and cooked them about one minute too long. No problem ~ I've made lots of batter! The second batch were heavenly! These cupcakes are as delicious as they are adorable. Nathan and Emily really did a great job with them and had a lot of fun in the process. We even tried our hand at a little edible spray painting for effect! It was really cool!

Emily is wearing Nathan's hat in this picture. He refused to wear it, so she did! It looked so adorable on her. After she went home, Nathan found the hat and kept putting it on! I wasn't able to snap a picture (imagine that) but I will!

I love these moments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily loves these moments too. She has way more fun at Aunt Kandi's. Good job Nathan. Love Aunt Kathy

John and Michelle said...

They look awesome Kandi!

heidi marie said...

how cute are those! and delicious looking, too!!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Emily and Nathan!!!!! The cupcakes look great!!!! ~Nicole~